Bhargava – INTACH Environmental Award
Anirudh Bhargava – INTACH Environmental Award has been
instituted in the memory of his son by Dr. Ranjit Bhargava,
INTACH Life Member and facilitated by a grant. The criteria
for the award are as follows:
Since its institution, the recipients of the award
are as follows:
- 2009-2011 –Mr. Harendra. B. Allay, Chairman and Shri Bharat Prakash Rai, Secretary of Federation of Societies for Environmental Protection, Darjeeling
- 2004 – Shri K. Lianthanga, Mizoram for his
immense contribution in a state where there has been
vast destruction of flora and fauna. His regenerated
forest on donated and is an example for not only Mizoram
but for the whole of the North East.
- 2003 – Shri Y.D. Singh, Jodhpur for his excellent contribution to the different facets of environment.
- 2002 - 130 INF BN (TA) ECOLOGICAL for their ecological work done in Pithoragarh, Kumaon Hills, Uttaranchal. The award was presented by the State Forest Minister and the Army Commander, Central Command to the Commanding Officer of the Pithoragarh Eco-Task Force.
- 2001 - Sh. M.V.Mori and the Jhalawadi Patels community residing around Visatpura in Kadi Taluka, Mehsana District (Gujarat) for preservation of the blackbuck despite the crop
- 1999 - Sh. Ramji Vyas, Jodhpur for protection of forest lands against all manner of encroachments inspite of official opposition